Never let snow or rain stop you from running this year. There are the best waterproof running shoes available in the market today that don’t just get you dry but will provide you with increased protection since these shoes use quality and water-resistant materials. Check out the reviews of the best waterproof running shoes that runners like you can invest in today.
Reviews of the Best Waterproof Running Shoes
Given the overwhelming number of different brands of waterproof running shoes offered in the market these days, these reviews of the best waterproof running shoes were created and shared to help shoppers narrow down the list of choices.
Best Overall Waterproof Running Shoes- Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX
The Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX is the fourth edition of Solomon’s aggressive and iconic waterproof running shoes and an awesome trail runner to tear through the soft and technical ground with speed.
This is an innovative solution for runners and adventurers looking for the best waterproof running shoes. Unlike other shoes available in the market, the Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX features a unique and performance-driven design. This enhances running and even mountain sports by converting ideas into actions and expands the limit of possibilities.
The durability of these running shoes was praised by many, and most of them can attest that the shoes can last a long time even when used on trails and in the running frequently. The lacing system also gained positive comments and feedbacks as compared to other running shoes. This lacing system, as described by many runners, is easy to manipulate and adjust. As compared to other running shoes, this looked more modern and cooler, not to mention its incredible waterproof features.
- Imported and 100% synthetic
- Aggressive grip-penetrating traction on soft grounds
- Rubber sole
- Precise foothold
- 310 g weight
- 30mm/20mm midsole height
- Strong and minimalistic lace
- EVA midsole providing stability and lightweight cushioning
- Waterproof features. The shoes’ waterproof mechanism is one of the biggest advantages because it keeps the feet protected from water
- Efficiency. Runners can still use these shoes even during winter when you’re slogging through the snowy surface
- Sole unit. This keeps the feet well-cushioned even when running on more aggressive surfaces
- Narrow toe box for some runners
- Agressive Grip : Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground
- Precise Foothold : Close to foot and comfortable feel
- Contragrip rubber sole; MIDSOLE HEIGHT : 30mm/20mm (10mm drop);WEIGHT: 310g
- Aggressive Grip : Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground , minimalistic and strong lace for one pull tightening. Easy on, easy off
- EVA midsole provides lighweight cushioning and stability
Best Waterproof Running Shoes for the Money-Altra Lone Peak 5
Altra is an exclusive brand of running shoes known for their unmatched durability. This brand is the best and the latest iteration in the Lone Series. Though these waterproof running shoes are quite pricey, the heightened durability and increased protection make the Altra Lone Peak 5 a product with excellent value.
The ALTRA Men’s Lone Peak 5 Trail Running Shoe grey Size, in particular, deserves to hold the title best overall waterproof running shoes in these reviews. Aside from its durability, the factors that set this brand of running shoes uniquely different from other brands are the design and materials used.
These running shoes were crafted using a quick-drying mesh that effectively wicks water away from the socks, where it evaporates quickly on the surface. Unlike other running shoes, this Altra Lone Peak 5 waterproof running shoe includes a midsole composed of Dual Layer EVA foam cushioning your entire gait.
- 318 g in weight
- Altra EGO midsole
- The outer material used is fabric
- 25mm stack height
- MaxTrac outsole
- Moderate cushion
- Rubber sole
- Quick-dry air mesh
- Synthetic panels that help in promoting control and stability
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Guaranteed ultimate feet protection against water and other hazards
- Allows natural feeling when running
- The grey color may not suit everyone’s taste
- Feels a little bit snug
- Runs a bit small, so order half-size up from your standard running shoes
- Weight: 11.1 oz / 318 g
- Midsole: Altra EGO
- Outsole: MaxTrac
- Cushion: Moderate
- Stack Height: 25 mm
Best Waterproof Running Shoes for Guaranteed Water-Resistant Protection- Brooks Men’s Ghost 13 Running Shoe
The Brooks Men’s Ghost 13 Running Shoe is award-winning and highly favored not just for its ultimate water-resistant protection but also for its smooth and soft ride. This shoe provides improved transitions for amazingly zero distractions so runners can focus on the most important thing-the run.
One thing that makes this running shoe unique from the other brands is the extension of the DNA Loft cushioning to the runner’s forefoot.
Unlike other running shoes that may not suit runners’ feet, the Brooks Men’s Ghost 13 Running Shoe guarantees smoother transition. The upper is more breathable and slightly tweaked the Brooks to make it more stable.
- Rubber sole
- Synthetic and mesh
- Neutral support
- BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT soft and balanced cushioning
- Segmented Crash Pad
- 3D Fit Print
- Newly engineered mesh
- Cushion and support. The shoes’ neutral support offers high-energizing cushioning. This shoe is suited for road running and even cross-training. The BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning perfectly deliver the right softness underfoot without losing durability and responsiveness.
- Stable and smooth ride. Regardless of where the feet land, the segmented crash pad of the Brooks Men’s Ghost 13 Running Shoe will cushion every stride and step for smoother heel-to-toe transitions. What makes this running shoe more unique is its integrated shock absorber system.
- Keep the feet dry. The biggest benefit of this waterproof running shoes is that it keeps the feet dry. Unlike the traditional shoes for running, this pair of waterproof running shoes are carefully crafted with lining to prevent the water from entering the shoes and soaking the feet of the runner.
- Fast-wearing outsole rubber
- Elevate your running experience with the Brooks Ghost 13 running shoes! These road running shoes offer a smooth-as-silk ride with a form-fitting interior that keeps your feet cushioned and secure even after miles on the road.
- Predecessor: Ghost 12.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road.
Best Cheap Waterproof Running Shoes- Inov8 Trailroc 280 Trail Running Shoes
The Inov8 Trailroc G 280 Trail Running Shoes features a rubber outsole that’s completely graphene-enhanced. This delivers the toughest grip when running or over rocky and hard terrain.
With more protection both around the toes and underfoot and added cushioning and comfort, this running shoe is the ultimate package for runners who run all distances over technical and hard-packed terrain.
The breathable mesh uppers would encase every foot in ultimate convenience and durable comfort. Perforates in fabric, increasing airflow and creating a healthier and better environment for the feet to thrive in. This running shoe features TPU overlays wrap the midfoot increasing durability and support. This serves as added protection against unwanted wear and tear. Its toe bumper reinforces the shoe’s trail-worthy state protecting the feet from water, rocks, and other hazards.
The Inov8 Trailroc 280 Trail Running Shoes has a neat construction using well-assembled and noble materials. This is a good running shoe with excellent cushioning for medium to long distances. This shoe is efficient, comfortable, and well-conceived.
- Mesh Uppers for increased breathability
- Rubber sole
- TPU overlays for increased structure, lateral support, and protection
- Lace-up closure
- Toe bumper for feet protection
- Stronger, more elastic, and graphene-enhanced rubber
- Fifth Gen Meta-shank underfoot impacts flexibility and protection
- Excellent protection. These running shoes can protect your feet even when running on tough terrain
- Ideal comfort. With these shoes, you are guaranteed comfort after running on hard and long-distance terrains
- Extraordinary adhesion-these shoes deliver unmatched adhesion on rocks, and this is made possible with the help of a Graphene sole
- The laces are too long for some runners
- Sometimes lack foot stabilization
Features to Consider for the Best Waterproof Running Shoes
Running is a healthy and affordable exercise. To get started, you need the right pair of running shoes. If you’re a runner, you must invest in the best waterproof running shoes. Choosing the perfect shoes somehow depends on the brand; however, there are other features and factors to still consider for the best waterproof running shoes.
Shoe Size for Good Fit
You first need to decide on the right shoe size because this is an effective way of ensuring a good and comfortable fit. Finding the correct size means ensuring the right width and length. Running shoe fit is actually a combination of offering enough space for the feet and support so the feet won’t move or slide within the shoe.
It’s also important to get the right measurement of shoe width and length with your socks on, and make sure to wear the type of socks you use when running.
Allow at least half of an inch between your shoe’s end and your longest toe for the right length. If you want to achieve a feel for the right width, you must pinch some materials at the top or sides of the shoe. In many cases, running shoes are usually half-size larger than your usual shoe size. Upon determining the width and the length of your real shoe size, consider trying a running shoe that’s half size bigger than your usual shoe size.
Ensuring that your shoes have the right fit could also mean getting support and stability for your feet. This will also allow the level of activity and running that you desire. Shoes for running that are too big can damage the toes, and shoes that are too small can also damage the toenails.
According to experts, the right shoe fit should allow:
- The toes have enough room to spread widely
- The toes shouldn’t be constricted and shouldn’t touch the end of the shoe
- The heel must feel comfortable and securely cupped at the back of the running shoe. In case you have a naturally skinny heel, remember that there are several lacing mechanisms and affordable heel cups that you can buy to avoid slippage
Cushioning of running shoes has seen great changes in recent years. During the previous years, companies created minimalist shoes with less cushioning and focused more on “ground feel.” But just recently, various companies have taken the opposite initiative, making shoes with more cushioning. This is mostly a matter of personal choice, but some guidelines can help you get started:
- You might want to go for more cushioning if you want to wear shoes both for roads or trails or if you run on hard-packed or a bit complicated trail. Shoes with more cushioning are also recommended for those who run long distances.
- You might opt for less cushioning if you run on soft and smooth trails, short distances, or you simply prefer closer to the ground feel
- You might choose shoes with less cushioning if you are a heavy runner, or you struggle with joint and knee pain since these shoes can lessen the impact
More aggressive treads are the biggest differentiating factors between road running and trail running shoes. The deeper the lugs, the wider-spaced they are, the better tractions the shoes will give you in the mud. However, you must note that deep lugs 5mm to 7mm in height may not be comfortable to wear when running on pavements. If you run mostly on hard-packed trails or if you plan to wear shoes for both roads and trails., choose shoes shorter, around 2 mm to 4mm, or with more thoroughly spaced lugs. If you run on lots of rocky trails, look for shoes with the outsole description “sticky rubber.” This is a specialized rubber that improves grip on rocks.
Some running shoes have waterproof features that help in fending off mud, rain, or snow. Waterproof running shoes are helpful during wet climates, cold weather, or when running on snow. Waterproof membranes, despite being labeled as breathable, never really breathe as shoes that are not waterproof. For instance, if it rains sometimes and you live in a hot climate, go for mesh, airy shoes that dry quickly.
Remember that if snow and water enter the top of waterproof shoes, particularly when running or crossing a creek, this can get stuck within the membrane. Consider pairing your waterproof shoes with a trail-running gaiter to stop snow or water from seeping into the collar.
Investing in waterproof running shoes is a smart move, especially if you’re an avid runner. But considering the overwhelming numbers of shoes competing for buyers’ interest and attention, choosing the best waterproof running shoes can be challenging. It’s not right to just settle for the running shoes that you come across with first.
You must be wise in weighing your option and choosing which shoes meet your needs as a runner. With the help of product recommendations and reviews above, choosing your best bet becomes a lot easier. You can make the most informed decision when choosing the best waterproof running shoes to buy with the information provided.