Cold weather won’t stop avid runners from taking some action. To keep runners protected and warm from extreme cold weather, they need to wear a hoodie or must cover their legs. But what about the hands? If your hands get wet or cold or if it gets painful and uncomfortable, it can distract you and stop you from running meaningful miles.
Luckily, running gloves are now available. There might be numerous choices offered these days, but settling for only the best running gloves can guarantee running even longer distances without worrying about anything.
Our Top Running Gloves Reviews
Whether you’re preparing for a marathon or just want to do your regular running routine every morning, you’ll need a good pair of running gloves to keep your hands warm, especially when running this winter. There is nothing worse than having freezing fingers in few miles of your long-distance run.
To avoid this, you must invest in the best running gloves. The following are detailed reviews of the top brands you can choose from.
Best Overall Running Gloves-Under Armour Men’s Armour Liner 2.0 Gloves
The Under Armour Men’s Armour Liner 2.0 Gloves is the best choice if your goal is to keep your hands warm, protected, and dry when running, even in cold weather. These running gloves are the ultimate keys to achieving the warmth and protection you need.
This product’s Storm Technology is what makes the hands feeling warm, dry, and protected possible. These are fitted and thin liner gloves that runners can normally wear or under thicker gloves in ultimately cold weather. The mitt part doesn’t feel bulky and can be kept safely in warm temperatures.
These Under Armour Gloves come with an extended cuff so you can tuck the running gloves easily in your jacket or sweater for a snug fit and added warmth. The touchscreen features and compatibility enable you to make use of your phone or smartwatch or even the table without really taking off your gloves. These gloves also come with handy and mini clips. You can conveniently clip and easily store them for use later.
- Machine wash
- UA Storm finish
- Ribbed wrist cuffs
- Ultra-soft knit fabric with plush interior and smooth exterior
- The UA Storm technology repels snow and rain without compromising breathability
- The ultra-soft knit fabric provides just the right level of warmth
- The Tech Touch Technology allow runners to use their touchscreen devices without the need to take their gloves off
- The ribbed wrist cuffs provide enhanced snug, comfortable fit, and protection
- Some runners find these running gloves not warm enough
- Thin, fitted liner gloves can be worn on their own or as a first layer under heavier gloves in harsher conditions
- UA Storm finish repels rain & snow without sacrificing breathability
- Ultra soft knit fabric with a smooth exterior & a plush interior for just the right amount of warmth
- Tech Touch print on thumbs & fingers allow you to use touch screen devices without taking your gloves off
- Ribbed wrist cuffs for enhanced protection & a snug, comfortable fit
Best Running Gloves for the Money- TrailHeads Men’s Running Gloves – Black Touchscreen Gloves – Power Stretch Lightweight Gloves
The TrailHeads Men’s Running Gloves are your best running gloves for the money. These high-quality black running gloves combine moisture-wicking interior and wind-resistant exterior to provide maximum warmth.
These running gloves offer everything you need when running and walking in cold weather with commitment and creative designs to deliver excellent performance, fit, comfort, and style. These will certainly make your time outdoors more comfortable and enjoyable.
These gloves feature Polartec Power Stretch fabric offering 4-way stretch featuring a highly durable and smooth exterior layer that’s windproof at the same time. The running gloves are lightweight and include moisture-wicking and soft bristles. The running gloves’ inner layer provides unmatched thermal efficiency.
The TrailHeads Men’s Running Gloves are touch screen compatible. These are layered with a conductive fabric on thumb tips and forefinger. You can use these running gloves in changing playlists, calling, or texting while keeping the fingers warm inside. Moreover, silicone-diamond-shaped palm grips allowing to hold mobile devices tightly.
Wiping the face with ordinary gloves can result in scratches and itchiness. These things won’t happen with this brand. The backside of these gloves has an added layer of terry cloth brow wipe, offering a smooth and soft touch.
- Touchscreen Features-because of the conductive fabric on the forefinger and tips of thumb allows you to use your touchscreen gadgets
- 4-Way Stretch Polartec Power Stretch Pro Fabric-this features a wind-resistant, durable, and smooth outer layer. These lightweight running gloves include brushed and soft inner layer offering ultimate thermal efficiency
- Silicone Palm Grips-The grips improve dexterity
- Wind resistant. These running gloves provide protection not just from cold weather but from intense wind
- 4-way power stretch. This is a special feature made for better movement
- Diamond-shaped grip palm. This allows holding your device securely in place
- Touchscreen gloves. You can use these gloves in adjusting your running or any workout playlist or texting your running partner without freezing your finger
- It may not suit ultimately cold weather
- 4-WAY STRETCH POLARTEC POWER STRETCH PRO FABRIC - features a smooth, durable outer layer that is wind resistant. Our lightweight gloves have a soft, brushed, moisture wicking, inner layer providing maximum thermal efficiency.
- TOUCHSCREEN GLOVES- conductive fabric on tips of thumb and forefinger enables use of touchscreen devices. Use our running gloves to adjust your workout playlist or text your running buddy without freezing your fingers.
- SILICONE PALM GRIPS - The diamond-shaped grips enhance dexterity and these black gloves have a terry cloth brow wipe on the back of the hand.
- NOTE: Designed for aerobic activities such as winter running, these exercise accessories are not ideal when temperatures dip toward single digits.
- TRAIL-TESTED GUARANTEE – Your complete satisfaction is our goal. If you’re not happy with your purchase, let us know and we’ll provide a replacement or refund with no fine print and no time limit—nothing but our commitment to doing whatever it takes to satisfy our customers.
Best Cheap Running Gloves- New Balance Lightweight Touchscreen Warm Running Gloves, Anti Slip Men’s, and Women’s Winter Gloves
The New Balance Lightweight Touchscreen Warm Running Gloves aim to deliver advanced performance in all its services and products. With an ideal combination of function and fashion, these consistently deliver you with features and styles that you need.
These gloves can add a stylish look to your entire outfit. Though the New Balance running gloves are mainly created for runners, you can still use these gloves for other activities like biking, volleyball, hiking, and working out.
Aside from being fashionable, these running gloves are also technologically advanced. With the gloves’ fingertips touchscreen compatibility, you can make calls or selfies that you can post on your social media account. Crafted from 5% Spandex and 95% Polyester blend, these New Balance running gloves can create an exceptionally smoother fleece and gripper design on the palm that delivers firm grip in different weather conditions. These gloves are easy to wash, clean, and are water-resistant.
- Crafted from premium quality Polyester and Spandex creating ultimately smooth Fleece
- Unlike other running gloves, these were designed with grippers so those who wear the gloves can have a firm grip regardless of the condition of the weather
- Engineered and designed with special properties to protect against unpleasant odors keeping you fresh during your regular workout routines
- Touch screen compatible featuring touch tip fingers that allow your gloves to be versatile
- Touchscreen compatibility allowing you to use your device even when running
- Gripped palm ensuring firm and secure grip
- Antimicrobial properties keeping your hands dry and free from the unpleasant smell
- The touch screen sometimes take time to work
- These New Balance lightweight running gloves are the brand new staple of your running outfit! Not only are they technologically innovative, they are extremely stylish.
- Made from high quality 86% Polyester, 14% Spandex to create an extremely smooth Fleece, with 150 GSM. Designed with grippers on the palm, you will have a firm grip no matter what weather condition you are facing!
- Marathon Black and Marathon Heather have the names of each of the 5 New York City Burroughs on the fingers: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island
- Engineered with properties which help to prevent odor.
- Touchscreen Compatible: New Balance running gloves all feature touch tip fingers, allowing your gloves to be as versatile as you are!
Features to Consider for the Best Running Gloves
When it comes to choosing the best running gloves, there are essential features that you need to take into consideration. The following are the most important features to keep in mind if you want to end up with the best gear for running. These features include the following:
One fundamental thing to keep in mind is how breathable the running gloves are. It helps a lot to search for gloves that are well-ventilated. Your hands shouldn’t get too damp with sweat or hot when running for a longer period.
Another important feature of the best running gloves is their ability to shield you from external components. The running gloves should be waterproof and windproof as well. Invest in the best running gloves that can make your hands feel warm and won’t get your hands wet while running. Accordingly, it is important to have materials that can provide an extra layer of protection from harsh climate conditions.
Your gloves must make you feel comfortable while you wear them, so you concentrate on running. The gloves must feel like a second layer of skin that’s snug however not very tight. Although the running gloves are made for chilly climates, you ought to have the option to wear them in different seasons. Comfort shouldn’t be at the expense of durability. You should search for the best running gloves that are durable and comfortable enough to use for all seasons. The best running gloves are usually soft and lightweight. These are flexible and comfortable, and you might even forget that you’re wearing them.
Materials and Fabric
These features are somehow challenging to decide on since you need to be very careful and mindful of the materials used in making the running gloves. The gloves should be sufficiently thick capable of making your hands feel warm, however breathable enough to avoid damp hands as you warm up. It’s a challenging pursuit to get the best running gloves. However, a couple of brands prove themselves as top choices in the running gloves market.
In many instances, running gloves are developed from an engineered mix. The most utilized fabrics are polypropylene, acrylic, polyester, and Fleece. Every fabric offers distinctive breathability, wind, and sweat-wicking features that truly get the attention of anyone looking for the best running gloves.
- Polyester-this provides high breathability and sweat-wicking features that keep the hands dry and comfortable while maintaining just the right level of warmth
- Polypropylene-this material gives exceptional windproofing and waterproofing features, but this material lacks moisture-wicking features
- Acrylic-The acrylic-elastane is a bit breathable, stretchy, and warm
- Fleece-Some running gloves come with a fleece panel on the glove’s exterior as terry cloth. This is often used to wipe the sweat away from the face
Touch Screen Compatible
Whether you need to skip a playlist or a song or stop for a while to take a selfie, having to take your running gloves off is annoying. So, when choosing the best running gloves, touchscreen compatibility is one important feature to look for. There are running gloves with smartphone-friendly fabric allowing you to use your phone even on the go.
With this feature, you no longer need to remove your running gloves each time you need to use your smartphone. Some running gloves feature conductive pads on the thumb and forefingers, enabling you to easily navigate your mobile phone and make calls, type messages, send replies, and do other functions.
The best running gloves must fit snugly to your hands. These must serve as another warmer layer of skin. Remember that if running gloves are too big, expect these to be flopping around. This isn’t just obnoxious but can also result in chafing. On the other hand, too small gloves can cut good circulation to your fingers and can result in uncomfortable numbness in your hands.
The warmth of a particular running glove highly depends on the circulation and temperature of the runner. Some runners are comfortable wearing gloves all throughout their runs, while others take them off at some point and just put them in their pockets. Some fabrics tend to be warmer than others, and gloves having liners can offer the most warmth.
Thickness is also an important feature for the best running gloves. Gloves that are thicker on the backside of hands give the most wind protection and warmth, while insides of the fingers and palm often feature thinner mesh fabric to provide ultimate breathability. But some running gloves are thicker than the other gloves due to the type of fabric or due to its liner feature for added warmth.
Gloves are usually worn out after a year and are not really recommended during hot months. Running gloves with windproofing fabric and liner can keep the fingers comfortable and warm in winter and fall. During spring, runners skip the liners and typically opt for waterproofing fabric on rainy runs.
The best running gloves are worth the purchase. If you want to carry on with your routines without any problem or interruption from cold weather, invest in the best gloves. Aside from running gloves, investing in good pair of running shoes is proven invaluable.
Now that you have learned the best product recommendations, you can start purchasing the best running gloves that can provide you sufficient warmth and protection during your coldest runs. The choices are endless, but the product recommendations and reviews shared above can guide you through to help you come up with the best and most informed choice or decision. With all the helpful details included here, there’s no doubt that you will end up with the best running gloves that perfectly suit your needs.